So! (Here it goes, Katie!)I got this sweet email from a coworker today with simple instructions on how to make your own pop art of a famous and loved pop artist, Andy Warhol. I saw the handout and was aw-stricken by the awesome-ness of the task and well, quite frankly, how stinking cute my little Andy turned out in the end. Below are PNGs of the step by step process to make your own little Warhol that I think any art educator can enjoy. I think older kids could easily love doing this, perhaps during a talk about Andy and his work to keep them occupied. It is in color but if you don't have a color printer, simply do as I did and add the color where it is needed. The materials you will need are simply scissors, glue, an x-acto knife and coloring tools if you need them. Other than that it goes together similar to a puzzle.
You need to click the pictures and then zoom in to see how large these images really are. I would upload the PDFs but I don't know how. If you need those instead, email me and I will send them your way.
And you end up with a pretty sweet desk mate...cute even.
 |
| I like to think he adds a little "pop" to my desk. :) Get it? |
 |
| Not to mention, depending on how you pose him - he shows some personality! |
As for other updates in my world of art, consider these pictures to try out and I promise that once Character Counts Day is over with there will be pictures of that as well as some of the artwork going on.
 |
| The display case I have going - sad to say, it needs to be sorely updated. |
 |
| The growing wall of hands...oh the places we'll go. For my 8th graders to leave their mark on the MS. |
 |
| We have to decorate our doors for Character Counts Day. I threw together what I found in my closet - my skills are not at work here but when you see the commons wall and how much work myself and another put into it, you'll realize why I slacked on my door. |
|
|
 |
| And just for fun...this is who keeps me company when I blog. Little lazy butt. |
AHHH! I LOVE THE MAKE OVER ON YOUR PAGE! Thanks for posting the Andy Warhol!! Totally working on it tomorrow:) Keith Haring, heck yes!
ReplyDeleteI would love a copy of these files...please, please, please! joni.k.andersen@gmail.com Thanks!
ReplyDeleteme too! eabybee@sps186.org
DeleteHi! This is so cute, will you pls send me a copy of the files? erin.james@wcacad.org
DeleteHi! This is amazingly cute, and you please email me a copy of the files... I would love to try it.
ReplyDeletelolaporras@yahoo.com.mx
Could I please have a copy? jesso@newlynn.school.nz
ReplyDeleteIt is sooo cute :-)
Great! :) Would you please send me a copy of the files? skm123@outlook.de
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Hi, I would love to try the template. Can you send me copy of the template for the pop up? my email is maureenkim10@hotmail.com
ReplyDelete