Tuesday, March 1, 2011

2/3rds done - AmAzInG

I can't believe it! Not only am I *terrible* at keeping up on this promised blog that has mostly irrelevant information - but my 1st year teaching is 2/3rds of the way over and quickly moving along! What can I say?

2nd Trimester was great! The students were wonderful and I had many less downs than 1st trimester thanks to lessons learned (about clay and handling teen angst).  You'd think I would be an expert at teen rebellion and angst since I was so good at it when I was their age but of course I am still learning.  And I LOVE it. :) Of course.

3rd Trimester started off great today.  Students were quiet, completely content with the expectations and procedures in my room, and seemed ready to learn. Mind you I anticipate the last 3 weeks of the year will probably be lost to the anticipation of the summer but meh, who cares.  I am loving it and my kids seem to as well. Who am I to argue?

I can't wait to put up a picture of the 8th grade wall of hands. Students get to stamp their hand on a wall so that it is their last mark before they leave for high school. I didn't think it would  really take off until next year but 8th graders walked in asking when they would get to do it. :) Exciting stuff.

Character Counts Day 2011 is coming up and I was asked to be on the committee a few months back so my last few weeks have involved painting giant cash registers, books, coins, and bills for our PAY IT FORWARD WITH CHARACTER COUNTS theme - take a wild guess as to which movie we'll be watching. And I love that movie. :)  Of course, pictures will be posted of that too since it'll be my first one and all.

And my 6th grade project...well, I just LOVE it and I can't wait to see the last day and how they all turn out. :) If anyone has suggestions on how to make a variety of excitement in yarn weaving - let me know. The kids love weaving but I just wish there was more to it with the limited supplies that I do have.

I'm going to the PLC conference this summer - so I'm stoked about that. Ready to get my PLC on and apply it to the art department in the district, for sure. :) And everyone else enjoy your spring breaks that are coming up, seeing as I don't get one. *bitter* Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment