I'll be honest. Right now is a total mind-freak. There are 2 full months before the end of the school year. Not two full months before a school year break but two full months before I'm done. For the school year. Mind you I haven't gotten next year's contract yet (no one has) but I've been reassured that come August, I'll be back at. It's still...surreal? Is that a good word for it? I don't know. I know this...
I'm mentally slowly...beginning to panic.
I have a lot to accomplish before May 27th.
For example, I have to continue (get more motivated) to work on my portfolio. I have one full section done, out of eight. That's not to say I don't have more than one section done - in fact, I have multiple parts to each section completed. Let us also note that if you add up everything I do have done, it equals 4 sections...just not individual sections and not all in order. I'm not linear...so it's not going to happen linear. And I need to get working on that. So to do list. Portfolio...I have until the end of the year NEXT YEAR to finish it but I should get half done soon.
Next year's curriculum...lessons will change, standards will be met, people will be pleased but while I have been working diligently at getting it done and ready - and I am nearly there, I still need to finish the last couple of details.
Budget...I don't have next year's budget but I should get started on outlining what I need no matter what.
3rd Trimester students are moving right along...and everything is on schedule. I couldn't ask for a better group to end the year with...I was really afraid I would end the year stressed out but the good attitude and motivation the students I have currently are carrying with them helps out my stress levels alot.
I need to hang up some artwork from Silhouettes...pictures coming soon. 8th graders are going above and beyond in their clay unit currently - their imaginations are running wild and it is truly exciting.
Not much to report. Blogging is currently not my strong suit - I go in phases of enjoying it. Hopefully it picks up.
I start Next Level Extreme Fitness with B tomorrow. Monday through Friday, 630pm-725pm with nutritional instruction included. I want to transform myself (which I think would help a lot with my happiness level) and become a better me. This has nothing to do with teaching but a side note, none the less.
No comments:
Post a Comment