Thursday, October 28, 2010

Finally an update!

Friends and family (the few that read this),
I am sorry I have not updated recently but I assure you that everything is going great! My students are coming around and their projects are fantastic.

5th graders are just finishing up their first project, modeled from Kandinsky and they are looking GREAT! I can't wait for the last class to finish so I can take pictures! 6th graders are just finishing up their first project, modeled from O'Keeffe and they are also looking fantastic! Reminder that I see them once every 6 days so this is just about the amount of time for a full project to be completed, 7-8 days depending on the schedule.  :) Next comes figure drawing for 5th grade and perspective for 6th grade. Both something I am looking forward to.

The 7th and 8th grade will be introduced to a new unit in the school, Graphic Design. 7th graders will explore more of Publisher, Tagxedo.com, and Prezi.com.  8th graders will also dabble in Prezi.com but expand by using Photoshop and Illustrator.  It's nothing in depth but just a chance for them to get their hands on new technology, more in their generation.

7th graders have completed their value and form unit, their optical illusion unit, their trading card (printmaking) unit, and just finished their monochromatic painting unit.  8th graders have completed their silhouette unit, pottery unit, and stipple drawing unit.  They have done a fantastic job.

Soon to come: Kandinsky Projects, O'Keeffe Projects, and Pottery Projects. I'm so proud!

Stipple Project Display, 8th Grade

Stipple Project, 8th Grade

Trading Card Display, 7th Grade

Stipple Project, 8th Grade

Silhouette Project, 8th Grade


No comments:

Post a Comment